Jul19TueJuly 19, 2011
Posted by Ray Majoran
As noted in our Twitter feed updates, some of our users experienced server issues today. Here is a quick summary report:
- Over the weekend, there were a couple of instances of users that could not get to their websites. We handled a couple of requests through software reboots and monitored the situation carefully.
- Upon evaluation early this morning (5:50am EST), we determined it was necessary to move data off of one server to another.
- In doing so, some users experienced latency issues throughout the day; sometimes even downtime.
- Upon realizing this, we made a major decision to escalate an additional server change (that we had scheduled for later this week).
- At the end of the day, we ended up moving all of our code and databases to 6 new enterprise-class servers, which are exponentially faster than our old ones.
- Earlier this evening, we completed the migration and everything began running smoothly again for most users.
- As of 12:25am, we are still working hard to tie up some loose ends. Everything is running smoothly.
- We will be making a few more updates over the next couple of days to fine-tune everything.
If you have any additional questions or problems, please don't hesitate to login to your account and submit a support ticket.
Have a great night!
Ray Majoran, CEO